Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the Appointments Office do?
The Appointments Office accepts applications from and interviews individuals that are interested in full-time “at-will” appointed positions in Maryland state agencies and departments or appointments to boards and commissions.
To apply for an appointment, use our online application here.
- How do I apply?
Fill out an application here.
- Can I apply for both a political appointed job and a seat on a board or commission?
Absolutely! Simply indicate whether you would like to apply for an appointed job, a board or commission, or both on our online application.
- How do I know if you received my application?
You will receive an email thanking you for your application once it is submitted. If you do not receive an email, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will I be interviewed?
If your application is selected for further consideration based on your interests and our needs, our office will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Can I apply for competitively filled jobs?
Yes! Visit the Maryland Department of Budget and Management’s full list of competitive postings.
- What if I want to submit a scheduling request for the Governor or Lt. Governor?
- How can I contact the Governor or Lt. Governor?
Email Governor Larry Hogan (General Inquiries or Comments)
Email Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford (General Inquiries or Comments)