Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply?
To apply for an appointment or reappointment, use our online application here.
- How do I know if you received my application?
Once your application is submitted you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, please contact our office at email@example.com
- Will I be interviewed?
Your application will be selected for further consideration based on your interests and our needs. Our office will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Can I apply for both a political appointed job and a seat on a board or commission?
Absolutely! Simply indicate whether you would like to apply for an appointed job, a board or commission, or both on our online application.
- Unfortunately, I can no longer serve, how can I resign as a member?
Thank you for your service to the State of Maryland. Please send a letter using the address below, to the attention of the Secretary of Appointments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am interested in a Career with the State of Maryland, where can I apply?
Please visit the Maryland Department of Budget and Management’s full list of competitive postings.
- What if I want to submit a scheduling request for the Governor or Lt. Governor?
- How can I contact the Governor or Lt. Governor?
Email Governor Larry Hogan (General Inquiries or Comments)
Email Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford (General Inquiries or Comments)